About Our Attorneys View All
Lauri J. Stock
Lauri J. Stock | Partner
Lauri’s client-first focus and passionate commitment to community service have helped make her one of San Diego’s most trusted advocates. Lauri holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell’s respected Peer Review, signifying the highest level in legal ability and ethical standards. In addition, she is a formally trained and experienced Mediator, serves as a settlement judge (pro tem) in Family Court, and has served as court-appointed Minor’s Counsel.
After seven years as a Naval Officer, Lauri began her legal career at the San Diego City Attorney’s office as a Deputy City Attorney and then Police Legal Advisor. Her trial experience as a prosecutor provided a natural transition to family law.
Among Lauri’s most rewarding accomplishments, in 2011 she prevailed in a precedent-setting trial case in family court. The case involved a same-sex couple where the two women had never been married, nor had they been registered domestic partners. Lauri represented the non-biological mother of the couple’s 9-year-old son and secured a judgment of full legal parental rights for her client. The trial court decision was later upheld on appeal.
Lauri served for two years on the board of directors for the Tom Homann Law Association, San Diego’s LGBT bar association, and the Police Chief’s Advisory Board. She is a past President and charter member of the San Diego Uptown Sunrise Rotary Club. Her community service includes travel to Africa with Rotary, volunteering at the Mary and Gary West Senior Wellness Center, at Birney Elementary School reading to developmentally challenged kids, fundraising for AIDS Walk and for her nonprofit outrigger canoe club. Outside of work and volunteering, Lauri is an accomplished athlete and has competed successfully in numerous 5K road races, triathlons, and most recently in outrigger canoe races.
- University of San Diego, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A.
- San Diego’s Top Lawyers List 2017, San Diego Magazine
- Best Attorney 2016, San Diego Metro Magazine
- SDBJ Women Who Mean Business Awards: 2011 Finalist
- SDBJ Women Who Mean Business Awards: 2012 Finalist
- SDDT San Diego County Top Attorneys: 2011 Semifinalist
- GSDBA Business of the Year 2009
- Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rating
- Navy Commendation Medal
- Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow
- State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Uptown Sunrise Rotary
- SWSS Community Service Committee, Chairperson