About Our Attorneys View All
Priyanka Talukdar | Attorney
I am a business attorney in California and I am also licensed in India. I am extremely passionate about what I do and simplifying the path forward for my clients is my top most priority. Having worked in India and Singapore, prior to moving to the United States, my experience provides me with unique skills to better serve domestic as well as foreign clients doing business in the United States.
Ms. Talukdar’s practice focuses on providing legal services to businesses and commercial enterprises, both domestic and international. Ms. Talukdar regularly advises on a wide range of corporate issues, such as formation, general corporate governance, equity structure, employment and commercial transactions. As part of Ms. Talukdar’s cross-border practice, she assists companies located outside United States enter United States market by advising on optimal structure for U.S. presence, resolving cross border issues, and assisting with their business acquisitions and mergers in the United States. Ms. Talukdar received her law degree from India, and her Masters in Law (LL.M) in comparative law with a concentration in business and corporate laws from University of San Diego School of Law. Prior to moving to San Diego, Ms. Talukdar worked at several international firms in Singapore and India. She also served as an associate for the National Judicial Academy, which is India’s foremost training institute for the judiciary. Ms. Talukdar is actively involved in the San Diego legal community, and currently serves as the Vice President of the South Asian Bar Association (San Diego chapter).
- Assists partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations, in a variety of matters such as business formation, start-up and corporate planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and commercial contracts.
- Advised dozens of businesses in negotiating and drafting a variety of contracts, including shareholders agreements, stock and asset purchase agreements, stock options, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements and other business contracts.
- Represent clients in various financing transactions including the drafting and negotiation of promissory notes, loan documents, deeds of trust, assignments of rent, pledge agreements, security agreements, and guaranty agreements
- Represents landlords and tenants in negotiating and documenting commercial leases.
- University of San Diego School of Law, LL.M
- Bangalore University, LL.B (JD equivalent), 1st in class with distinction.
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the Bar Council of India
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Member of the Lawyers Club – Co-Chair of the Work-Life Balance Committee, 2017-2018
- Member of the South Asian Bar Association (San Diego Chapter) – Board Member, 2016-2017; Vice President, 2017-2018