About Our Attorneys View All
Andrew C. Myers
Andrew C. Myers | Partner
The bedrock of the attorney-client relationship is trust. Clients must trust that their attorney will always provide thoughtful and insightful counsel with an eye towards shifting the paradigm of legal services from being a “cost of doing business” to a revenue generating business partner.
These have been the guiding principles that Andrew Myers has used to define his legal career.
Mr. Myers joined the SWSS family in 2017 as a seasoned employment and business litigator. In every matter that Mr. Myers handles, he successfully partners with his client to develop forward-thinking legal and business strategies which advance the objectives of his client both in and out of the courtroom.
Mr. Myers’ practice focuses on representing a diverse corporate client base in business and employment related matters. He is admitted to practice before the California Superior Court, the US District Courts for the Southern and Central Districts of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Experienced in all phases of civil litigation, Mr. Myers has litigated extensively in both state and federal courts.
In 2005, Mr. Myers obtained his Bachelors of Arts degree from the University of California, Santa Cruz. In 2011, he obtained his law degree from the University of San Diego School of Law where he excelled in employment and ERISA studies. During his law school career, Mr. Myers was admitted to the National Honors Fraternity and worked as a research assistant for Professor Orly Lobel, Professor of Employment Law.
Mr. Myers began his legal training as a judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Michael Orfield (Ret.) in the San Diego Superior Court, North County Division. Following his work with the Superior Court, he participated in a judicial externship with the Honorable Judge Michael Anello of the United States District Court, Southern District Court of California. Mr. Myers concluded his legal training while in law school as a judicial extern with the United States House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary. He was assigned to the Subcommittee on Courts and Competition Policy which has jurisdiction over antitrust law, monopolies, restraints of trade, administration of U.S. Courts, Federal Rules of Evidence, Civil and Appellate Procedure, and judicial ethics.
Mr. Myers is a native San Diegan and an avid outdoorsman enjoying surfing, rock climbing, hiking, and camping. A devoted family man, he values most his time with his beautiful wife and two young sons.
- Successfully defended a broad spectrum of employers in proceedings and audits conducted by various governmental agencies including the United States Department of Labor, EEOC, and California Department of Industrial Relations.
- Negotiated and resolved dozens of pre-litigation business and employment disputes in a cost-effective and proactive manner.
- Obtained favorable dismissals of breach of contract, negligence, premises liability, and wrongful termination claims on behalf of corporate clients.
- Successfully partnered with business and Human Resource divisions for the purpose of providing practical legal advice and counseling regarding a range of legal issues relating to contract negotiations, discrimination, disability and religious accommodations, state and federal wage and hour regulations, Title VII, CFRA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, and other relevant labor and employment issues.
- Judicial extern for the United States House of Representatives, Committee on the Judiciary. Mr. Myers was assigned to the Subcommittee on Courts and Competition Policy which has jurisdiction over antitrust law, monopolies, restraints of trade, administration of U.S. Courts, Federal Rules of Evidence, Civil and Appellate Procedure, and judicial ethics. In this role, he was involved in several hearings before the judiciary committee covering the Removal Clarification Act of 2010, antitrust regulated industries after Trinko and Credit Suisse, the Chinese Intellectual Property System, and the mergers of NBC/Comcast and United/Continental.
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Michael Anello of the United States District Court, Southern District Court of California.
- Judicial extern for the Honorable Judge Michael Orfield (Ret.) in the San Diego Superior Court, North County Division.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2010
- B.A., University of California, Santa Cruz, 2005
- Top 100 Leaders in Law Honoree 2022- San Diego Business Journal
- San Diego Business Journal’s Top Business Leaders Under 40 finalist, 2022
- San Diego Metro Top Attorneys, 2022
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers in San Diego® – Employment Law, 2019 – 2022
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating
- San Diego Business Journal’s Leaders in Law Award Finalist, 2019
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers in San Diego® – Business Litigation, 2018
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association
- Member, American Inn of Court
- Member, Phi Delta Phi National Honors Fraternity
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts of California, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and California Superior Court.