About Our Attorneys View All
Darlene Y. Rabena
Darlene Y. Rabena | Attorney
Ms. Rabena practices general business, securities and corporate law. Her work with companies spans the entire corporate life cycle, including strategic decisions and coaching prior to incorporation, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, commercial transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions and public offerings. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Rabena was an associate in the transactional group at a law firm in Los Angeles, where she focused her practice in representing emerging growth companies.
She received her Juris Doctor from the University of San Diego School of Law with a concentration in International Law and her Bachelor of Arts in Rhetoric and Social Welfare from the University of California at Berkeley. Ms. Rabena is a member of the State Bar of California. Prior to practicing law, Ms. Rabena co-founded a non-profit that opens mini libraries throughout impoverished areas of the Philippines.
- Advises clients in a wide variety of industries on business organization, recapitalization and general business operational matters
- Represents clients in mergers, acquisitions and dispositions involving stock, partnership/LLC interests, business assets, and goodwill
- Represents companies and investors on equity and debt financing transactions
- Assists business and individual clients to assert their rights, protect their interests and resolve business disputes
- Advise clients to develop strategic plans for expanding, protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, both domestically and world wide
- University of San Diego School of Law, JD with a concentration in International Law
- University of California at Berkeley, B.A. in Rhetoric and Social Welfare
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Member of the Filipino American Lawyers of San Diego
- “Investing Green: Case Study on Australia’s Green Initiatives.” Article featured in the Practitioner Treatise on Int’l Business Transaction 3d. West-Thomas/Reuters (2014).
- “From Dollars & Sense to Screen: The Asian Pacific Islander Market and the Entertainment Industry.” Screen Actors Guild Industry Report (2010).