About Our Attorneys View All
Jing Y. Li
(t) (619) 238-4842
(f) (619) 615-7942
Jing Y. Li | Attorney
I have always seen my role as a “problem solver” for my clients, whether it is an employment dispute or litigation. Often my clients’ problems require more than just my legal knowledge but also depend upon creative solutions that are both legal and cost efficient. My goal is to find the perfect solution to each of my client’s problems.
In his counsel to California employers, Jing Y. Li has extensive experience defending claims of race/disability discrimination, sexual harassment, wage and hour disputes, class actions, government liability, and other litigation issues. The unique strategies Li has developed for his clients emphasize the use of efficient and creative solutions, resulting in successful resolutions and settlements on a number of employment, business and tort claims. Li has also obtained complete defense judgements before the state Labor Commissioner.
Li’s practice strengths include defending race/disability discrimination claims and wage and hour disputes. He has written extensively on California’s continuously developing employment law and presents seminars on California’s employment law to employers statewide. Li also has a broad range of real estate experience, including unlawful detainers, commercial and residential property management, and real estate leasing issues.
Li is also focused on attracting foreign business to California and assisting them with their legal needs in the state. His experience with foreign companies includes the representation of international clients in all areas of their legal needs, including trademark registration and employment advice and counseling. He is also fluent in Mandarin, Chinese.
Li is very active in his local community. He participates in events through the Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (PALSD). He also mentors local law students through the PALSD mentor/mentee program and advises law students on how to succeed both in school and in their first legal position. He was also listed as one of the finalists for the San Diego Daily Transcript’s “Top Young Attorneys for 2013.”
- Obtained early dismissals for clients in a fraudulent concealment case based on demurrer pleadings.
- Obtained a complete defense judgement before the Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE).
- Obtained non-suit for a client on six causes of action before the San Diego Superior Court.
- Negotiated and settled numerous employment disputes for employers on favorable terms.
- Obtained multiple orders granting/sustaining motions to compel arbitration
- Judicial extern for Honorable Peter C. Lewis of the United States District Court, Southern District Court of California.
- California Western School of Law, J.D., June 2011, California Western Law Review and International Law Journal
- California State Polytechnic University, B.S. in Accounting, May 2008
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association
- Member, Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego
- Member, ProVisors
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rated
- Santos v. Kisco Senior Living, LLC, 2016 Cal. App. LEXIS 607 (4th Dist. 2016)
- “Clear-Cut Rule for Statutes of Limitations: Right-To-Sue Notices,” Cal. Employment Law Letter, 4-11-2011
- “AB 987 Forbids Retaliation For Requesting Reasonable Accommodation,” Cal. Employment Law Letter, 8-10-2015
- “Ban the Box” Legislation Goes State Wide, 2017 中文 (Chinese)
- Co-Author of Solomon Ward’s Employment Law Update 2018 中文 (Chinese)
- April 2018 Employment Law Update: California Supreme Court Provides Instructions On Regular Rate of Pay and Court of Appeal Provides Relief To Staffing Agencies 中文 (Chinese)
- Co-Author of Solomon Ward’s Employment Law Update Fall 2018 中文 (Chinese)