About Our Attorneys View All
Mark Angert | Partner
Mr. Angert was born in Odessa, Ukraine. His family immigrated to the United States when he was 12 years old. Having graduated high school with a Presidential Academic Achievement Award, Mr. Angert pursued his Bachelor of Science in Neuroscience and Mammalian Physiology with a Minor in Russian Studies from the University of California, San Diego. While at UCSD, Mr. Angert participated in hemoglobin-based blood substitute research, which is currently awaiting FDA approval.
After obtaining his undergraduate degree, Mark traveled all over the world working for M&M International Trading Corporation. While at M&M International, Mark led the development of M&M International’s subsidiary, Golden Brazil, a coffee manufacturing and trading company. He made Golden Brazil a multi-million dollar success, which was eventually spun-off. While at M&M International, Mark was promoted to Vice President and eventually became a co-owner of both companies. As Mark was growing the business he developed an interest in law which lead him to his career as an attorney.
In his practice, Mark represents domestic and international clients in business disputes ranging from breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties to intentional interference with business and fraud. Mark represents his clients in both State and Federal courts and relies on his business and legal backgrounds to present the most effective, efficient and beneficial results for all of his clients. In addition to litigating cases in California, Mark also oversees litigations and disputes abroad for some of his long-standing corporate clients in Germany, England, Russia, Ukraine, China and India.
Mark serves as corporate counsel for a variety of clients ranging from small domestic companies to large international corporations. Mark works with his clients on set up and maintenance of various corporate entities and advises his clients in strategies and techniques to ensure continued success of these entities.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2005
- B.S., University of California, San Diego, 1998
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rated, 2019-2020
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers in San Diego® – Business Litigation, 2019-2021
- Top Verdict’s Top 50 Breach of Contract Verdicts in California, 2020
- Corporate Counsel & The American Lawyer Magazine’s Top Rated Lawyer Award, 2020
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers in San Diego® – Business, 2020
- The National Law Journal’s West Coast’s Top Rated Lawyers Award, 2019-2020
- Corporate Counsel & The American Lawyer magazine’s Top Rated Litigator Award, 2019-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell Judicial Edition AV Preeminent® Rated, 2019-2020
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars®, 2015-2016
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of 2007 by San Diego Defense Lawyers Association
- Leading Example of New Generation of Russian Attorneys by Echo Publishing
- Member, California Association for Adult Day Services
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Bar Association
- Member, San Diego Defense Lawyer Association
- “Be Proactive and Not Reactive in Protecting Your Legal Rights,” California Association for Adult Day Services Winter Meeting
- Quarterly Publication in The Update (San Diego Defense Lawyers Association Magazine)