About Our Attorneys View All
Matthew T. Arvizu
Matthew T. Arvizu | Attorney
Matthew Arvizu is an attorney in the firm’s litigation practice group. Mr. Arvizu is a seasoned business litigator and has advised clients on a wide variety of issues including contract disputes, securities litigation, mergers and acquisitions, partnership disputes, and shareholder litigation. Mr. Arvizu is licensed in both Delaware and California and has experience in both state and federal court. Mr. Arvizu is also an experienced transactional attorney and has served in a general counsel role for numerous small and mid-size companies advising his clients on issues that arise from start up to dissolution. He is dedicated to partnering with each of his clients in order to achieve the best possible outcome for each situation.
Mr. Arvizu received his Bachelor of Science with a concentration in Finance from California State University, Long Beach. Following CSULB, he earned his Juris Doctor from the Syracuse University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While at Syracuse, Mr. Arvizu was awarded the highest grade distinction in business valuations law, property law, banking law, accounting, and legal writing. Mr. Arvizu also was an editorial member of the Syracuse Law Review and gained practical experience representing companies seeking to bring new technologies to the market through the Technology Transfers Clinic. He also worked in the Securities Arbitration Clinic.
- Successfully obtained favorable outcomes for clients in numerous formal and informal mediation sessions and arbitration hearings.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of fraud, conversion, breach of contract, and punitive damages claims on behalf of founders of a corporation.
- Negotiated several class and shareholder derivative settlements on behalf of both plaintiff and defendants.
- Negotiated and resolved pre-litigation business disputes.
- Judicial intern for the Hon. Gloria Sturman in the Clark County Eighth Judicial District Court.
- B.S., California State University Long Beach
- J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Admitted to practice before the state courts in California and Delaware and the District Court of Delaware