About Our Attorneys View All
Matthew T. Arvizu
Matthew T. Arvizu | Partner
Matthew Arvizu is a seasoned business litigator for companies and individuals. Mr. Arvizu advises clients on a wide variety of issues including contract disputes, construction matters, real estate disputes, trust and estate litigation, and business disputes. Mr. Arvizu has significant experience in both state and federal court and is licensed in California and Delaware.
Mr. Arvizu received his undergraduate degree in Finance from California State University, Long Beach, and his law degree from the Syracuse University College of Law, graduating magna cum laude. While at Syracuse, Mr. Arvizu was awarded the highest grade distinction in business valuation law, property law, banking law, accounting, and legal writing. Mr. Arvizu was an editorial member of the Syracuse Law Review and gained practical experience representing companies seeking to bring new technologies to market through the Technologies Transfers Clinic.
- As first chair, won an arbitration award in excess of $400,000 for manufacturing company based on contractual claims.
- Successfully defended negligence claims at trial.
- Successfully obtained favorable outcomes for clients in numerous formal and informal mediation sessions and arbitration hearings.
- Successfully obtained dismissal of fraud, conversion, breach of contract, and punitive damages claims on behalf of founders of a corporation.
- Negotiated several class and shareholder derivative settlements on behalf of both plaintiff and defendants.
- Negotiated and resolved pre-litigation business disputes.
- Judicial intern for the Hon. Gloria Sturman in the Clark County Eighth Judicial District Court.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Syracuse University College of Law
- B.S., California State University Long Beach
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Rising Stars- Business Litigation, 2022-2023
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, San Diego County Bar Association
- Member, Delaware State Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Admitted to practice before the state courts in California and Delaware, the District Court of Delaware, and all federal district courts in California