About Our Attorneys View All
Norman L. Smith
Norman L. Smith | Partner
The long-standing personal and professional relationships I have forged with my clients and their principals are a major source of my professional gratification. Many of these relationships have endured for more than 25 years. During this time I have been proud to play a part in the growth of numerous business entities into extraordinarily successful market leaders.
- General representation of public and privately held national and multi-national entities in relation to mergers, acquisitions and recapitalizations.
- Representation of national and multi-national manufacturers and distributors in relation to a broad spectrum of transactions and disputes.
- Representation of public and private companies in the formation of major strategic relationships.
- Extensive experience in litigation and arbitration of disputes in domestic, foreign, and multi-jurisdictional proceedings relating to a broad range of commercial matters.
- Representation of companies and investors in complicated venture capital transactions.
- Representation of numerous technology-related companies.
- Transactional and litigation representation of franchisors, franchisees and franchisee associations in numerous jurisdictions and involving substantial issues and disputes.
- Successful defense of substantial public contract awards in various venues and courts.
- Representation of numerous entities in relation to private, public and PIPE financings.
- University of South Africa with honors, 1976
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Rated
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – Business Litigation & International Law, 2013-2017
- Admitted as an attorney of the Supreme Court of South Africa, 1976
- Fellow of the Wexner Heritage Foundation
- Former partner in a Johannesburg law firm, South Africa
- AV Top Rated Lawyer®- Corporate Law, 2016
- Founding Chairman, Friends of the Israel Defense Forces, San Diego Chapter
- Board member of numerous charitable and other community organizations