About Our Attorneys View All
Patrick A. Klingborg
Patrick A. Klingborg | Attorney
Patrick Klingborg helps clients with starting a business, investing in a business (venture financings, equity purchases, convertible notes, SAFEs, etc.), buying or selling a business (M&A), and a wide variety of major commercial transactions. He received his Bachelor of Arts from UC San Diego and his law degree from University of San Diego School of Law.
- Represented publicly traded genetic testing company in $1.4 billion acquisition of a private precision oncology company
- Advised publicly traded Canadian cannabis company in its $300 million acquisition of a U.S. craft brewery
- Counseled various private equity buyers in their purchase of hotels, including $216 million purchase of a Newport Beach hotel.
- Represented hotel owners and operators in the negotiation of hotel management agreements
- Advised private AI network security company in its $200 million sale to a publicly traded networking software company
- Counseled various medical practice owners (including veterinary practice owners) in the sale of their practices.
- Represented a web3 data storage startup in the creation of commercial contracts for novel blockchain data storage product offerings.
- Advised wine, beer & spirits suppliers, and distributors in negotiating supply, distribution, importation, sales, concession, private label and promotional agreements
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 2013
- B.A., University of California, San Diego, 2008
- Top 100 Leaders in Law Honoree 2022- San Diego Business Journal
- Top 100 Leader in Law 2022 – San Diego Business Journal
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Rising Stars Business/Corporate, 2022
- Member of the California State Bar Association
- Member of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Admitted in the Southern District of California
- Admitted in the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- “Letter of Intent: The most important document when buying or selling a veterinary practice,” VetSuccess.com (October 11, 2022)
- “Legal Considerations for Storage Providers,” Enterprise Storage Provider Accelerator conference 2022 (Speaker)
- “Negotiating the Sale of Your Practice: What’s on The Table?,” 37th Muller – Ihrke – Kwochka Veterinary Dermatology Seminar 2021 (Speaker)
- “Legal Open Session,” San Diego Startup Week 2020 (Speaker)
- “What You Need to Know About B Corps and Benefit Corporations,” UC San Diego Extension 2020 (Speaker)
- “Startup Fundamentals,” Jacobs Center’s Academy for Entrepreneurial Success 2020 (Presenter)
- “Choice of Corporate Entity,” San Diego Startup Week 2019 (Speaker)
- “Classification Conundrum: It’s Not as Easy as A, B, C after Dynamex Operations West v. Superior Court,” San Diego County Bar Association 2019 (Moderator)
- “Common Legal Traps for New Founders,” San Diego Startup Week 2018 (Panelist)
- “Green Pitch Slam Competition,” San Diego Startup Week 2017 (Judge)