About Our Attorneys View All
Alec M. Rishwain
Alec M. Rishwain | Attorney
Alec Rishwain is a trial attorney in the firm’s commercial litigation practice. Alec has a dynamic approach to his cases that combines competitive advocacy and passion with logic and professionalism. Alec has handled all aspects of complex commercial litigation in both state and federal courts, including disputes involving entertainment industry, trade secret, and trusts and estates litigation. He has extensive deposition and trial preparation experience. He has argued several motions and oppositions in state and federal courts, resulting in favorable outcomes for clients. Prior to practicing law, Alec was a legal fellow at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit for the Honorable Consuelo Callahan.
- Prepared bench memoranda involving complex free speech and constitutional law issues that resulted in a published opinion by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (McNeil v. Sherwood Sch. Dist.).
- Prepared a Respondent’s Brief that secured a victory in California’s Second Appellate District that affirmed the opposing party’s attempt to intervene and set aside the settlement agreement.
- Secured full denial of motion for summary judgment on breach of contract and fraud claims against defendant following briefing and oral argument in California state court.
- Secured Pacers stay on behalf of defendant in California state court.
- Secured pre-answer victory for several defendants facing claims of professional negligence and constitutional violations in federal court.
- Secured removal of lis pendens on residential property amidst risk of pending sale being jeopardized.
- Represented corporation in arbitration in its defense of breach of contract claim, resulting in arbitration award for defense.
- Represented medical provider in malpractice claim through trial, leading to full defense verdict.
- Represented corporate client in a three-day bench trial on its divisibility defense under CERCLA.
- J.D., Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law, 2018, cum laude
- President of the Corporate and Business Law Society
- Senior Editor of the Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- Multiple CALI Excellence for the Future Awards
- B.A., University of California San Diego, 2015, Political Science
- Admitted in California, Arizona, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Eastern and Northern Districts of California
- Member of Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Moderated MCLE-credited panel event with established litigators through the Bar Association of San Francisco.